Since 2004, Cuttington University has provided comprehensive, professional graduate programs in Education, Health Sciences, Business & Public Administration, and Theology. The structure of the programs requires course work and research. Each program is offered at the University’s Graduate campus on Tubman Boulevard, Sinkor.
The Master’s degree is intended:
1. To improve the skills of school administrators, theologians, nursing administrators and educators, business and public administrators by imparting in them the requisite knowledge to enhance their professional performance in their various work environments.
2. To develop curricula for educational, nursing, business and theological instructions. This will reflect and interpret the African experience in addition to offering opportunities in science and technology and international languages.
3. To provide opportunities for professional growth and development beyond the baccalaureate for those in education, nursing, business and theology professions within the Republic of Liberia and for
NATURE AND DURATION OF PROGRAMS
M.ED; M.SC; M.A.T.; M.B.A.; M.P.A.; M.P.H; M.TH.
Full-time 1.1/2 years 2 years
Part-time 2 years 3 years
Total Credit Hours required for Master’s Program
Between 36 and 43 credit hours including thesis writing and internship for designated programs, will be required for the completion of master’s degree work. At least a “B” average in courses is required for graduation.
i. M.B.A. IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
ii. M.P.A. IN PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
• Public Procurement Administration
• Human Resource Administration
• Public Sector Administration
• Public Personnel Administration
• Local Government & Rural Development Administration
iii. M.Ed.&M.A IN EDUCATION
• Educational Administration & Supervision
• Administration in Higher Education
• Educational Planning
• Curriculum Studies & Instruction
iv. M.P.H IN PUBLIC HEALTH
• M.P.H in Healthcare policy & Management
• M.P.H in Epidemiology
• M.P.H in Community Health
• MN. In Nursing Administration
• M.Sc. in Maternal Child Health
• M.Sc. Environmental Science
• Nursing Education
• Public Health Nutrition
v. M.TH. IN THEOLOGY
• Biblical Studies Theology
• Historical Theology
• Pastoral Theology
• Systematic Theology
vi. MA / MSC GLOBAL AFFAIRS & POLICY
• MA in Diplomatic Studies
• MA in International Relations
• MSc in Sustainable Development
• MA in Tourism and Hospitality Management
General Objectives of the Graduate School
The program in Business Administration offers relevant courses leading to the award of MBA degrees in the following: Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Management, while the Public Administration program offers relevant courses leading to the award of MPA degrees in the following: Private Sector Management, Public Sector Management and Local Government and Rural Development Administration.
The program in Education also offers relevant courses leading to the award of M.Sc. and M.A.T degrees in Educational Administration and Supervision.
The Graduate Program in Nursing awards M.Sc. degree in Nursing Administration, Education and M.P.H. degree.
The Theology Program awards M.Th. degree in Theology.
For Additional Information, Contact:
Call +231 881 378 843
CANDIDATES MUST DO THE FOLLOWING:
1. Register for the Cuttington Graduate Admission Exam (GAE), download or pickup an application form and a program guide from the office of the academic program of your interest.
2. Prepare to take the GAE or for transfer, meet with appropriate academic department Chair for interview and assessment.
3. Successful GAE candidates shall be scheduled for an interview with academic program Chair.
4. Present original transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Candidates must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA.
5. Present three (3) letters of recommendation (one from last school attended, one from a cleric and one from a prominent community member).
6. A two-page hand written essay on goal and reason(s) for pursuing a master’s degree with one manila folder and hanging folder.
7. Present a photocopy of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
TUITION & FEES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
• Graduate Admission Exam (GAE) US $150.00
• Liberian Citizens: US $100.00 per credit hour
• Registration (Liberian Citizens): US $300.00
• Foreign Students: US $200.00 per credit hour
• Registration (Foreign Students: US $600.00
• Admission package for candidate for 2nd Master US $100
• Graduate School Brochure US $10.00
• Admission Application form US $5.00 (Free Download Online)